On 10/04/2017 04:54 PM, Jim Richardson wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thank you for your response.  The command output you asked for is 183MB, it
> is the message from below about 7 times a second every second from 10:21:30
> 10/2/2017 until we caught it and canceled the job at 22:30:05 10/02/2017.

Ug... OK, now I understand. Yes, this surely seems to be a bug regarding some
timing loop, along with the another possible bug where this media is never
abandoned and another media is never selected once there is a "problem" with
the first.

> I attached a file with the heading and ending information.

Yes, thanks... Nothing to see there.   Even my theory about SD Errors being
non-zero did not pan out. I did not expect the output was going to be so long,
and was only interested in seeing the Summary blocks at the end. Sorry for the
extra trouble. :)

> The primary problem is that the job is waiting on media intervention, but
> does not produce an email for the warning.  With the write protect on, it
> is just like the tape is never there.  All jobs queue, and we end up
> with a huge mess.
I totally understand the issue now, but it really looks to be a new bug and it
seems to resemble the one I have opened recently here:

http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=2329

> Let me know if that additional context helps with another solution.

It helped me to understand what you were explaining, but I have no solution,
sorry.

I think this looks like two possible bug reports. One for the the issue where
it logs so many times when it runs into this situation, then a feature request
to automatically log a message and unload a tape and choose another when it
detects that the one loaded is marked read-only - or send an operator email if
it is not an autoloader.  The SD Errors counter should probably be incremented
in this case too...

Best regards,

Bill

--