Hello list,

running Bacula 7.4.4 (same problem with version 5.2.13) on openSUSE Leap
42.3 with a standalone LTO tape drive.
When the loaded tape is full, or unsuitable for the backup job for some
other reason, Bacula will eject it, select another tape from the
appropriate pool, and emit an "Intervention needed" message for the
operator to load that tape.
In general, this works well.
Every once in a while however, Bacula selects a tape that for some
reason cannot or should not be used for that job.
Then if I mount a different tape, Bacula will immediately eject it
again, claiming that it is in the wrong state ("Used" instead of
"Recycle") and insisting I mount the one it requested.

How can I convince Bacula to recycle and use the tape I give it?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,

--
Tilman Schmidt
til...@imap.cc