> On Dec 29, 2017, at 5:00 AM, Matthias Koch-Schirrmeister <m.k...@syspac.de>
> wrote:
>
> Good morning everybody,
>
> a fresh installation of 9.0.4 on OpenBSD 6.2 is giving me various
> troubles. Amoong other things, the catalog backups fail:
>

> From bacula.log:
>
> <myhost> JobId 21: BeforeJob: could not identify current directory:
> Permission denied
> <myhost> JobId 21: BeforeJob: could not identify current directory:
> Permission denied
> <myhost> JobId 21: BeforeJob: psql: could not find own program executable
> <myhost> JobId 21: BeforeJob: root doesn't have access to the catalog
> database
> <myhost> JobId 21: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned non-zero
> status=1. ERR=Child exited with code 1

I think this is file / directory permissions.

Check the RunBefore job, the directory it is in, and the directories it will
access.

I think this is not specifically related to configuration or 9.0.4

Is this script dumping the database?  If so, it is running at the bacula-dir
server.

If you want it running on the client, you want a slightly different directive,
perhaps RunBeforeClient.

What is this script doing?

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon