Kenneth Garges wrote (2018/02/01):
> I tried chio but gave up on it because anything I did gave an
> "Inappropriate ioctl for device" error. Now that a reboot seems to
> have gotten mtx working I found that chio works too.

Ok, mtx works just once after reboot. Some delay helps, or not?
And chio, is it the same and after reboot it works just once too?
It seems that it is in a command, which your library does not like
very much. Could you search if there is any library firmware update?

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology