> On 10Feb 2018, at 1:29 PM, Tilman Schmidt <til...@imap.cc> wrote:
>
> Any chance of checking on the firewall what's happening with the connection?

Looking at the firewall rules show it will pass anything on ports 9101-9103
between the hosts. I have no reason to doubt that since backups work; only
restores (and only if the file is large) fail.

> PS: I'd prefer to continue the discussion on the mailing list instead of
> privately so that others can participate.

Oops I meant to reply to the whole list but clicked the wrong button.

> Am 10.02.2018 um 20:10 schrieb Kenneth Garges:
>> Yes there is a router and a firewall. I should also mention the Windows
>> client is a VM. The director and storage daemon is a physical box with 10Gbs
>> Ethernet.
>>
>> No other issues that would make me suspicious of the network

I am suspecting a network issue as well. I’m going to try to put this machine
on a different network and try it.
Thanks for your input.