From: Bill Arlofski [mailto:waa-bac...@revpol.com]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 10:50 AM
To: Mike Eggleston <mike.eggles...@firstcash.com>;
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Testing VirtualFull; job created but not running;
why?

On 02/19/2018 08:57 AM, Mike Eggleston wrote:
> Sorry it took me a while to get this answer... life is...

[...snip...]
> Running Jobs:
> Console connected at 19-Feb-18 09:05
>  JobId  Type Level     Files     Bytes  Name              Status
>    112  Back Virt          0         0  dvlnx107-vf       is waiting on max
> Storage jobs
>    132  Back Virt          0         0  dvlnx107-vf       is waiting on max
> Storage jobs
> ====
[...snip...]

Hi Mike,

Consider that when a Virtual Full is run, it needs one device to read from and
one device to write to.

Notice the "is waiting on max Storage jobs"  messages?   It is probable that
you have not added a "MaximumConcurrentJobs" (MCJ) setting to your Director's
Storage{} resource, or in the bacula-sd.conf file's Main Storage{} resource
where the SD is defined.

It is possible that you are trying to use a DIR Storage resource that points to
a single device in the SD... You will want to set up an Autochanger with more
than one device in it.

Also, if you do not explicitly set an MCJ, it defaults to (1) for just about
every resource you can think of:

- DIR
- SD
- FD