All,

I've been trying to setup client initiated backups via FD remote=yes and bconsole with no success. Regardless of the ACLs defined on Director, the only command available on client's bconsole is "status" and even that is the status of the local FD, not the DIR status. Every other command yields...

2999 Invalid command

==MyConfigution==

server...

bacula-dir.conf:
Director {
  Name = bacula-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  Password = "ABC123"
}
Console {
  Name = dir-con-fd
  Password = "DEF456"
  CommandACL = *all*
  ClientACL = *all*
  JobACL = *all*
  PoolACL = *all*
  StorageACL = *all*
  CatalogACL = *all*
  FileSetACL = *all*
}

client...

bacula-fd.conf:
Director {
  Name = bacula-dir
  Password = "ABC123"
}
Console {
  Name = dir-con-fd
  DIRPort = 9101
  Address = <bacula-dir's_FQDN>
  Password = "DEF456"
}
Director {
  Name = fd-con
  Remote = yes
  Password = "GHI789"
}
FileDaemon {
  Name = bacula-fd
  FDport = 9102
}

bconsole.conf:
Director {
  Name = bacula-fd
  DIRport = 9102
  Address = localhost
  Password = "NOT_USED-SEE_CONSOLE_SECTION"
}
Console {
  Name = fd-con
  Password = "GHI789"
}

I see the docs on this lean heavily toward tray. Does this even work for bconsole? I saw a Kern comment that they use bconsole for testing this feature, but I just cannot get it to let me run any command but a local status of the FD.

Help?

thanks,
Stephen
--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismo Lab
step...@seismo.berkeley.edu    215 McCone Hall