Yes, it does print 2000 proxy OK, but then in my case, the 'run' below would hang. And as I said, running the bacula-fd in the foreground shows a successful connection to Director when successful, but then nothing more. Also an unsuccessful connection (on purpose) is output form both the FD and the DIR, so they are definitely talking. Hmmm... I will try your foregrounded director suggestion.

BTW, I'm also using TLS, which I'm hoping is not muddying the waters.

Oh, and technically I'm running 9.0.6, so perhaps I should upgrade as well.

Stephen