Most everything that you'd want to know about LTO tape for each version can be
found here on Wikipedia.  It has a section that talks about longevity and
number of passes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open

I have 6 year old LTO-5 media that has been used by my Bacula backups with a
quarterly rotation and multiple mounts/writes until full without any problems.
My drives are healthy and the media is kept in normal climate controlled
environments.  If I have any media issues, it's usually shortly after new tapes
have been introduced and there's something wrong with them from the outset.  I
will be migrating to newer LTO technology before these tapes approach their
end-of-life.  The only issue will be to bring any required archives stored on
the media forward.  Bacula does maintain metrics on each volume should you want
to monitor their usage.

Patti

On 9/21/18, 11:46 AM, "George Anchev via Bacula-users"