Hello,

niedz., 23 wrz 2018 o 11:25 George Anchev via Bacula-users <
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net> napisał(a):

> Hi Kern,
>
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 10:41:12 +0200 Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
> > Bacula maintains certain simple metrics about
> > particular Volume (tape) usage in the Media record
> > of the catalog.  So as long as you do not delete
> > Volumes from the catalog, those metrics will
> > persist.
>
> Do you mean the 'list volumes' command? Which
> particular metrics are in the context of my question
> regarding tape life and retension?

Yes and especially llist volume=... command. :) where you can find
something like:
(...)
     firstwritten: 2018-08-17 02:00:11
      lastwritten: 2018-08-18 02:00:11
        labeldate: 2018-08-17 02:00:03
(...)
        volmounts: 1
(...)
        volerrors: 0
        volwrites: 1,247
(...)
      volreadtime: 0
     volwritetime: 235,539
(...)
     recyclecount: 1
     initialwrite:
(...)

As mentioned by Kern they are simple metrics.

> > We are continuing to improve metrics, and sometime
> > in the first half of next year, we will release code
> > that allows you to continuously monitor the SD (also
> > clients and the Director) using Graphite.
>
> What is Graphite please?

Just take a look: https://graphiteapp.org/.
A great piece of software. You can use a dozens of front-ends to visualize
your Graphite data, i.e. https://grafana.com/. It will be a native
integration.

best regards
--