Hey there,

What are the best practices to deal with Bacula database size?
Today i have configured my bacula for daily + weekly + monthly backups.
Daily and Weekly pools have a volume retention period of 30 days while Monthly
pool has no volume retention.
Bacula is running from ~1 year, i have ~2.8To to backup, and I guess, because
of the "no retention" policy, my database is now 13Gb.

Considering I have no choice but to keep all my mensual backups, anything I can
do to "extract" these mensual backups from my catalog, while still having the
possibility to restore any of them "as fast as I can" ?

If I purge jobs from catalog, I won't be able to restore a single file/folder
from tapes, but will have to bextract the whole tape and dig inside.
If I create (let's say) yearly catalogs, I will lost my media database every
year.

Any suggestion appreciated!

Thank you,

Thibault