On 8/27/2019 2:04 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
Fundamentally you have two options here:

1. You can create a selinux policy that allows Bacula to run;
or
2. You can disable selinux, which truthfully most individual users (and
many business uses) don't actually need.

Selinux basically implements a more fine-grained file permissions. I have never really run into any need for more than the standard User:Group:World level file permissions, but have tried to use selinux several times, simply because it is on by default in Centos. Each time it has stabbed me in the back and was disabled. The problem is that it often is difficult to establish that selinux is what is blocking access in the first place. IMO, it is an added complexity that simply isn't needed in most cases.