Hello,

Some time ago, the project provided bare metal recovery, but the boot process has evolved significantly since then with many differences between vendor, which made maintenance of the BMR too onerous.  However, Bacula Systems as a part of their commercial offering does offer selected Linux distro as well as Window complete BMR capabilities.

One reasonable alternative is to ensure you have complete backups of the whole system, then in a disaster situation, reinstall the original OS followed by doing a full Bacula restore.  For those of you who use the Bacula recommended install options (most files going in /opt/bacula) restoring a fully functional Bacula is easy, and then once done, restoring the whole OS as of the last backup is not hard.  This procedure works fine (I have done it on several of my computers) however it may be slightly more time consuming than using the Bacula Systems BMR.

Best regards,
Kern