Am 03.04.20 um 04:58 schrieb Pierre Bernhardt:
> I cannot see an error. By the way here my JobDefs configuration for my daily
> jobs
> which should work nearly as you expect:
>
> 34 JobDefs {
>  35   Name = "RotateJob"
>  36   Type = Backup
>  37   Level = Incremental
>  38   Schedule = "Cycle"
>  39   Max Start Delay = 1240000
>  40   Max Wait Time = 3600000
>  41   Max Run Time = 3600000
>  42   Spool Data = yes
>  43   Spool Attributes = yes
>  44   Messages = Standard
>  45   Pool = Daily
>  46   Storage = "Disk2"
>  47   Incremental Backup Pool = Daily
>  48   Differential Backup Pool = Weekly
>  49   Full Backup Pool = Monthly
>  50   Rerun Failed Levels = yes
>  51   Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
>  52   Cancel lower level duplicates = yes
>  53   Cancel Queued Duplicates = yes
>  54   Cancel Running Duplicates = no
>  55   Accurate = yes
>  56   Priority = 9
>  57   Allow Mixed Priority = yes
>  58 }
>
> By the way against my meaning I remember it cancel also lower level
> running jobs (Inc if Diff is started) althoug I should first finish
> the Inc and then start the diff job. Only if the Inc is waiting in
> the queue it should be cancel. I must check it again later.

I testet something:

FULL job is running: Start of INC, DIFF and FULL will aborted immediately
FULL job is queued: Start of INC will aborted immediately. Start of FULL will
abort the
waiting FULL and New job will be queued.

DIFF job is running: Start of INC and DIFF will aborted immediately. Start of
FULL will abort the
DIFF and New FULL job will be queued.
DIFF job is queued: Start of INC will aborted immediately. Start of DIFF and
FULL will abort the
DIFF and New job will be queued.

INC job is running: Start of INC will aborted immediately. Start of DIFF and
FULL will abort the
INC and New FULL job will be queued
INC job is queued: Start of INC, DIFF and FULL will abort the INC and New job
will be queued.

For running jobs only that the running job with same level or higher will be
abortet the running.
For queued job it is ok, but for running job it should not start a new at same
level.
Better want to wait or want to cancel.
If there is a way that a higher job will wait for each running job has to been
finished
would be also welcome. So I can start a new full after a inc has to been
canceled.

But for queued jobs the behavior is exactly as expected and needed.

So any idea what I must change to have the effect on running jobs without
changing the
queued behavior?

Cheers,
Pierre