But I also tried without manually mounting the tape but that didn't work
either.  So I need to mount the tape first and then umount it to unlock it,
correct?
I also tried without bacula-sd running (to prevent it from locking the
drive), but that didn't work either, hence my confusion.

Nico

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 3:16 PM Gary R. Schmidt <g...@mcleod-schmidt.id.au>
wrote:

> On 29/05/2020 22:28, Nico De Ranter wrote:
> > Weird. It actually started reading from the tape when I did an unmount
> > in bconsole (which is now blocked because the tape is in use)
> >
> Not weird, the Bacula SD locks the drive when told to mount a tape, so
> it needs to be unlocked for anything else to use it.
>
> As bscan is stand-alone, not something that drives the SD, it needs the
> tape unlocked.
>
> Having Bacula umount the tape also means that the Bacula scheduler can't
> come along and bugger things up.
>
>         Cheers,
>                 Gary    B-)

Nico De Ranter

Operations Engineer

T. +32 16 38 72 10

<http://www.esaturnus.com>

<http://www.esaturnus.com>

eSATURNUS
Philipssite 5, D, box 28
3001 Leuven – Belgium

T. +32 16 40 12 82
F. +32 16 40 84 77
www.esaturnus.com

<http://www.esaturnus.com/>

*For Service & Support :*

Support Line Belgium: +32 2 2009897

Support Line International: +44 12 56 68 38 78

Or via email : medical.services...@sony.com