Hello Josh,

Yes, you are correct, it was simply a design decision and reasonable at the time.  However, with the knowledge that I have today of how networks evolved that I did not have then, were I to do it over, I would add a Bacula native persistent connection (using reconnection when the line drops).  In fact, the original design contains a sequential block number that is not used, but was to be the basis for subsequent code that would reconnect.

I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Kern