On 10/16/21 17:37, Andras Horvai wrote:
Dear List,

Recently I faced to the following problem what I cannot solve:

I would like to backup a file server. It is a physical machine with Windows 2019 operating system. This bacula sd is on the same vlan as this server (sd and dir is on the same server).
The issue is that we have very very low transfer rate.
The windows file server and bacula has 1 Gb/s interface, and despite this we have: 9452.2 KB/s rate which is about 74 Mb/s transfer rate. We are using 9.4.4 as director and sd.
The file daemon versionĀ is:
9.4.4 (28May19) Microsoft Standard Edition (build 9200), 64-bit,Cross-compile,Win64 I tried to set up the "Maximum Network Buffer Size = 32768" on fd and sd but did not help.

Both compression and encryption of data occur on the client. Try a job with no compression and no encryption. It is possible that the compression and/or encryption is slowing the Windows machine.

If you are writing to tape, then make sure that data spooling is enabled. Otherwise, if the data rate from the Windows server isn't fast enough, then the tape drive will be constantly rewinding to position its read/write head. Tape drives require a certain data rate to prevent this, and spooling will fix it.

If the storage device for the backup volumes is not directly attached to the server that bacula sd runs on and is on the same physical lan as sd and client, then data spooling should be enabled to reduce network contention..

If you have any ideas pls. share with me.

Thanks,

Andras