Hi!

I was pondering this as a lower-cost alternative to tape and wondering if this
is possible?

Assuming an exploit, all connected systems would be encrypted in a worst-case
scenario. Tapes sitting on a
shelf would not, neither disconnected USB Drives, so what about this idea:

Have a few USB drives that were connected through an USB Multiplexer (not hub)
so that the drives were
rotated every weekday. One USB Drive per day.

The rotation would be handled completely independent from the backup system in
such a way that changeover
happens when bacups are not running.

How would Bacula handle this? I assume the SD would not mind, but what about
the database? Is it written
completely to disk on every backup?

--
Med vänlig hälsning

Anders Gustafsson, ingenjör
anders.gustafs...@pedago.fi  |  Support +358 18 12060  |  Direkt +358 9 315 45
121  |  Mobil +358 40506 7099

Pedago interaktiv ab, Nygatan 7 B , AX-22100 MARIEHAMN, ÅLAND, FINLAND