Hello Justin,

It seems that the Copy Pool directive has not been fully implemented. It
was added in 2007 but nothing else happened with it.

Here you can read feature request for the Copy Pool:

https://gitlab.bacula.org/bacula-community-edition/bacula-community/-/commit/fe27bfb5190d54a23b063683901c13a3699c9f97#075f0a71f5617000f02ef67b71d994e85e7a2cef_628_680

The Next Pool directive is correct both for copy and migration job types.

Best regards,
Marcin Haba (gani)

On Sun, 4 Sept 2022 at 13:13, Justin Case <jus7inc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> while in the process of trying out copy jobs I realized that Baculum has
> two directives for pools:
>
> Next Pool: according to the documentation this is used for migration jobs
> and for copy jobs
>
> Copy Pool: not found in the documentation. I can only guess that this
> suggests that Copy Pool should be used for copy jobs and Next Pool for
> migration jobs, but I haven’t tried it.
>
> Does anyone know more about this “Copy Pool” directive? Does it actually
> do anything?
>
> Best,
>  J/C

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his
friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie za
przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus