Thanks Marcin, I actually read that some time ago. In my opinion it is kinda
weird that the SD reads the files from the volume and sends the whole files to
the FD, just for hashing. Thats sounds really inefficient.

The point where I think that the documentation - and your article - are
mistaken is about level=data with accurate=yes:

There can be only one of these statements right:

either
(a) file size and checksum (these are actually hashes, not checksums, but hey)
are taken from the backup volume for comparison,

or
(b) file size and checksum (these are actually hashes, not checksums, but hey)
are taken from the disk/file system for comparison,

for Data with Accurate the documentation and your article claim (a).

If (a) was true, it were inconsistent with the outcome of my little experiment
(see previous email, below).
Statement (b), however, seems to be consistent with the experiment, at least
for the comparisons only happening when accurate=yes.

Bottom line: with accurate=yes, Level=Data, the last part in your flow diagram
is not actually behaving like VolumeToCatalog, but like DiskToCatalog.

Do you see why I am confused here? Where have I gone wrong? Is my experiment
not working or is the code not behaving as documented?

Best,
 J/C