I don't think it is correct, no.

I am not an expert, but last time I tried something like this I believe the
suggestion I was given was to use a runbefore script to run a find command
or similar to locate and build a file list, then give that list to bacula
as input for the job.

Perhaps for your runbefore use something like the following line.
mountpoint -q /mnt/backup/ && find '/mnt/backup/vmbackup/Backup xxx-y/'
-type f -name '*.vbk' > /opt/bacula/working/VM_xxx-y.list ||
mount /mnt/backup/ && find /mnt/backup/vmbackup/Backup xxx-y/ -type f -name
'*.vbk' > /opt/bacula/working/VM_xxx-y.list

If any part of this fails it SHOULD exit nonzero and the job will fail
(which is what you want). I recommend testing this before relying on it.
I've only written it in an email client. I assume using bash here.

I'm not certain how to include files from a list elsewhere, but I know it
can be done. I think you do @/opt/bacula/working/VM_xxx-y.list in your
fileset definition. Check the docs to be sure.

Regards,
Robert Gerber
402-237-8692
r...@craeon.net