On 4/10/24 12:38 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

Is this Fileset correct?

Fileset {
    Name = "VM_xxx-y"
    Include {
      Options {
        WildFile = "\"/mnt/backup/vmbackup/Backup xxx-y/*.vbk\""
      }
    }
}

I don't get files with this ... seems not to match.

Hello Stefan,

No, this will not backup anything because you have not specified anything to backup with a `File = /path/to/somewhere` inside of your `Include{}` block. So far, you have only set something (WildFile) inside of an `Option{}` block.

There are several ways to do what you want (there always is with Bacula :)

The first, based on your current Fileset template will require a `File =` line as mentioned above and also another `Options{}` block to exclude everything else:
----8<----
Fileset {
   Name = "VM_xxx-y"
   Include {
     # This option block matches your *.vbk files and creates a signature in
the catalog for backed up files
     Options {
       signature = sha1                           # You need a signature, so I
added this
       WildFile = "/mnt/backup/vmbackup/*.vbk"    # Note, I fixed your extra
quotes and a backslash and simplified here
     }

     # This options block says to exclude everything else, not matched above
     Options {
       WildFile = "*.*"
       Exclude = yes
     }

     File = "/mnt/backup/vmbackup"      # And finally, what 'top level'
directory are we considering for backups
   }
}
----8<----

This "Should work"™ I have not tested it, and wrote it quickly in my email client before finishing my first cup of coffee this morning. :)

Remember, when you have re-configured this Fileset and have issued a `reload` command in bconsole, instead or running the job, you can quickly see if your settings do what you want with an `estimate` command like:

* estimate listing job=xxxx

This way you don't have a bunch of failed jobs in your catalog. :)

P.S. I see your files (or directories, I am not 100% sure which) have spaces in their names. I would recommend doing yourself a favor and not using spaces if you can help it. It will make your life easier and save you from needing to "escape" spaces with backslashes, etc.

Hope this helps,
Bill

--
Bill Arlofski