das ende der nahrungskette schrieb:
One of the most basic facts of life is that the future looks different from the past. But on a grand cosmological scale, they may look the same. Link <http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-cosmic-origins-of-times-arrow&print=true>
dazu von Not Even Wrong: <http://www.math.columbia.edu/%7Ewoit/wordpress/?p=689>

As with all claims about the multiverse, the problem is whether they are even in principle scientifically testable or not. If they're not, they're not science and promoting them to the public is a bad idea. The only thing I can find in the Scientific American article that addresses the testability issue at all is the following:

   As of right now, the jury is out on our model. Cosmologists have
   contemplated the idea of baby universes for many years, but we do
   not understand the birthing process. If quantum fluctuations could
   create new universes, they could also create many other things---for
   example, an entire galaxy. For a scenario like ours to explain the
   universe we see, it has to predict that most galaxies arise in the
   aftermath of big bang--like events and not as lonely fluctuations in
   an otherwise empty universe. If not, our universe would seem highly
   unnatural.

This doesn't seem to have anything to do specifically with the Carroll/Chen claims about the arrow of time, but rather is just a restatement of one of the desired properties of multiverse models, that they don't lead to "Boltzmann Brains".

sers
 Robert

Antwort per Email an