> > If you run down the list of those Shoghi Effendi consulted with prior
> > to making his decision (the list can be found in Priceless Pearl) one
> realizes
> > just how poor the quality of Baha'is we had at this time!
>
> I disagree.
>
> 1.  There was a large number of very deepened believers in the East,
> people that had come into the Faith from the rank of trained theologians
> and great depth of knowledge.

Dear Ahang,

The list of believers whom the Guardian consulted with prior to making his
decision not to call for the immediate election of the House of Justice were
all Westerners as I recall. As you know, the House of Justice had to be
elected by NSAs. These could have conceivably been elected immediately, but
I don't think the Guardian thought they would have been competent enough to
elect a House of Justice. There would be no guarantee they would have
elected Easterners.

warmest, Susan