Dear Friends,

In following this thread, I felt someone might benefit from our (my wife's and my) input.  We do not watch TV....that is in NEVER.  We have followed this practice since before we became Baha'is, and the reason is that it appears to us that two generations of being glued to the tube has rendered a large proportion of Americans essentially unable to distinguish fiction from reality.  This is not to say that there is nothing worthwhile presented.  However, most of it is garbage.  Most popular programs focus on the negative aspects of our culture, from crime and brutality, to negative and dishonest proclamations on the news, to comedies which focus on ridicule of foolish and ignorant people.  Then there's the advertising, nearly all of which promotes unnecessary products of dubious value.  We read, do volunteer work, take walks, talk with our children, cook, make our own soaps and cosmetics, and in general, never miss it.  There are s! o many things to do with our time!

Warm Baha'i Friendship to you all...
Dave

Sandra Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi David,

I agree with others that you should be mature enough at 26 to
make your own decisions in choosing what you will and will not
view....

Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]