Susan Maneck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No, no. Abdu'l-Baha's words here are hyperbole. It is a common literary device used a in Persian literature where one tends to extravagantly overstate one's point. I don't think Abdu'l-Baha believed the Persians were innately superior to other races. His point here is that they were not at all innately inferior as their present condition in relationship to the West might seem to suggest.

***

Ok, thanks for the answer. So let me get to your point: You said because Bahá'u'lláh had appeared in Persia, for it was the darkest country in the world. He said that the Persians have the power to change their condition and to recover their glory as it was in ancient times. So, this _expression_ of eulogy (hyperbole) is called "mubalaghah" as Mark said, isn't it?

Please, Does anyone knows if there is a good Glossary related to Bahá’í terms? I need to know more terms to get informed and to study better.

In this pilgrim note is explained my point:

http://bahai-library.com/pilgrims/maxwell.notes.html

"This is the Law of God. The Prophet appears amongst the most backward of people, they become the greatest. A Tablet of Baha'u'llah states that the Government of His land will become the most honored. He feels Persians are quite wrong when they claim, some of them, if not all of them, that it was their capacity that made them worthy of having Baha'u'llah appear in their midst; quite the opposite. They should be proud because Baha'u'llah has brought about such a change. He has no sympathy with the attitude, in fact very much resents it, that they admire the Cause, love the Cause, because of what it will mean to Persia; in other words a nationalistic viewpoint. The Orthodox standpoint is the Cause first, be ready to sacrifice the interests of Persia to those of the Cause. Not Baha'u'llah for Persia, but Persia for Baha'u'llah. The national interests must be subordinated to the interests of the Cause".

“Si un bahá'í se abstiene de participar completa, vigorosamente y de todo corazón en la labor de la enseńanza, indudablemente será privado de las bendiciones del Reino de Abhá”.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Do You Yahoo!?
Visíta Yahoo! Noticias.