In a message dated 12/11/2004 12:30:05 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If I am honst, I have this same issue. The sufferigof Jesus on the cross is a powerful story. Try as I might, I can not see Baha'u'llah's imprisonment for decades as equivalent. It just isnt' the same kind of powerful imagery.
Dear Ron,

I'm not so sure. Remember that the African slave experience is that of a lifetime of suffering, not a few hours on the cross. That is closer to Baha'u'llah's suffering.  If the imagery of the cross is more powerful in Christianity it is because Christians themselves have made it such.

warmest, Susan