On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:02:54 -0600, Mark A. Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto,
>
> At 08:36 AM 1/17/2005, you wrote:
> >>And I've NEVER said in all of this that most Christians think the Bible has
> >>been added to or replaced. But it is easier to find Christians who claim to
> >>receive revelations claiming to supplement, enhance, etc. the Bible than it
> >>is to find Muslims claiming to receive revelation adding, supplementing,
> >>etc. the Quran.<<

> There are, and have been, people like that (Joseph Smith, Mary Baker Eddy,
> Emmanuel Swedenborg, William Sadler, Edgar Cayce, Helen Schucman, Sun Myung
> Moon, etc.). However, these persons, like Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and
> Rashad Khalifa, have been rejected by more "mainstream" (traditional)
> elements within their respective religious networks.

Gilberto:
Yes, I agree. But the fact that one of those lists was almost 4 times
longer than the other one is not just some coincidence, and its not
just that you might be more familiar with Western examples. It has
something to do with how those communities tend to think of the
possibility of future prophets. The way they are rejected is different
as well.