Here are two passages - one from the New Testament and the other from 
Baha'u'llah's Writings. I will comment below.

------------

When the Son of Man comes in his glory with all of his angels, he will sit on 
his royal throne. The people of all nations will be brought before him, and he 
will separate them, as shepherds separate their sheep from their goats. He will 
place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 
Then the king will say to those on his right, "My father has blessed you! Come 
and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created. 
When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you 
gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I 
was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, 
and when I was in jail, you visited me." 
Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to 
eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear 
or visit you while you were sick or in jail?" 
The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how 
unimportant they seemed, you did it for me." 
Then the king will say to those on his left, "Get away from me! You are under 
God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his 
angels! I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was 
thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink. I was a stranger, but you 
did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to 
wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me." 
Then the people will ask, "Lord, when did we fail to help you when you were 
hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in jail?" 
The king will say to them, "Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no 
matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me." 
Then Jesus said, "Those people will be punished forever. But the ones who 
pleased God will have eternal life." 
-- Matthew 25:31-46

------------

Baha'u'llah wrote:

------------

O YE RICH ONES ON EARTH!
The poor in your midst are My trust; guard ye My trust, and be not intent only 
on your own ease.
-- Baha'u'llah, The Persian Hidden Words #54

------------

The Universal House of Justice wrote about an ideology which tends:

"... to callously abandon starving millions to the operations of a market 
system that all too clearly is aggravating the plight of the majority of 
mankind, while enabling small sections to live in a condition of affluence 
scarcely dreamed of by our forebears."
- The Promise of World Peace

------------

In a Baha'i liberation "theology," what role, if any, should Baha'is play in 
freeing the poor from oppressive capitalism? Will we be judged if we do not? 
How might our social and economic development programs be reconceived in this 
light?

Via moderna, Mark A. Foster . http://markfoster.net
... [a] word is ... a universal. - William of Ockham
Structurization Tech: http://tech.structurization.com 



 
 
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") 
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be 
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The 
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts 
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or 
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail 
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and 
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

Reply via email to