Hello David,

  >It says in the Writings that God doesn't burden a soul beyond its
>capacity.  I'm just wondering how one could determine what a person's capacity
>is,
>so as to know what being burdened beyond one's capacity would look like.

  This is not a useful question, in my opinion.
  I don't think it's possible to know anyone's emotional, psychological or
spiritual capacity.
  People sometimes rise to astonishing heights of accomplishments, beyond even
what they expected of themselves.  I'm not even sure of my own capacity.   So I
don't worry about what my capacity is, in most circumstances, I just try to do
the best I can with whatever life throws at me.

>According to the Writings those who have committed suicide obviously
>haven't been burdened beyond their capacity.

  Someone else  wrote that  God never tests a person beyond their capacity to
turn to God and ask His help.  With God's help, one can overcome many problems,
and  with His help a person can abide with problems that cannot be overcome.
  However, in extreme circumstances, a person may choose not to turn to God,
and by himself he may lack capacity to endure, and so may commit suicide.   In
that case,
  God did not test the person beyond his capacity, because by choosing not to
turn to God, the person did not use the full capacity (God's help) that was
available to him.

  Tim Nolan

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.