The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Hi Stephen,

What I meant by "good" is that the World Order of Bahá'u'lláh will be
successful in a broken world. So the leaders of religions/denominations will
attack the Bahá'í Faith, this will lead to investigation of the truth and then
mass conversion.

Shoghi Effendi wrote:

To the general character, the implications and features of this world
commonwealth, destined to emerge, sooner or later, out of the carnage, agony,
and havoc of this great world convulsion, I have already referred in my
previous communications. Suffice it to say that this consummation will, by its
very nature, be a gradual process, and must, as Bahá’u’lláh has Himself
anticipated, lead at first to the establishment of that Lesser Peace which the
nations of the earth, as yet unconscious of His Revelation and yet unwittingly
enforcing the general principles which He has enunciated, will themselves
establish. This momentous and historic step, involving the reconstruction of
mankind, as the result of the universal recognition of its oneness and
wholeness, will bring in its wake the spiritualization of the masses,
consequent to the recognition of the character, and the acknowledgment of the
claims, of the Faith of Bahá’u’lláh—the essential
 condition to that ultimate fusion of all races, creeds, classes, and nations
which must signalize the emergence of His New World Order.
Then will the coming of age of the entire human race be proclaimed and
celebrated by all the peoples and nations of the earth. Then will the banner of
the Most Great Peace be hoisted. Then will the worldwide sovereignty of
Bahá’u’lláh—the Establisher of the Kingdom of the Father foretold by the Son,
and anticipated by the Prophets of God before Him and after Him—be recognized,
acclaimed, and firmly established. Then will a world civilization be born,
flourish, and perpetuate itself, a civilization with a fullness of life such as
the world has never seen nor can as yet conceive. Then will the Everlasting
Covenant be fulfilled in its completeness. Then will the promise enshrined in
all the Books of God be redeemed, and all the prophecies uttered by the
Prophets of old come to pass, and the vision of seers and poets be realized.
Then will the planet, galvanized through the universal belief of its dwellers
in one God, and their allegiance to one
 common Revelation, mirror, within the limitations imposed upon it, the
effulgent glories of the sovereignty of Bahá’u’lláh, shining in the plenitude
of its splendor in the Abhá Paradise, and be made the footstool of His Throne
on high, and acclaimed as the earthly heaven, capable of fulfilling that
ineffable destiny fixed for it, from time immemorial, by the love and wisdom of
its Creator.
Not ours, puny mortals that we are, to attempt, at so critical a stage in the
long and checkered history of mankind, to arrive at a precise and satisfactory
understanding of the steps which must successively lead a bleeding humanity,
wretchedly oblivious of its God, and careless of Bahá’u’lláh, from its calvary
to its ultimate resurrection. Not ours, the living witnesses of the
all-subduing potency of His Faith, to question, for a moment, and however dark
the misery that enshrouds the world, the ability of Bahá’u’lláh to forge, with
the hammer of His Will, and through the fire of tribulation, upon the anvil of
this travailing age, and in the particular shape His mind has envisioned, these
scattered and mutually destructive fragments into which a perverse world has
fallen, into one single unit, solid and indivisible, able to execute His design
for the children of men.
Ours rather the duty, however confused the scene, however dismal the present
outlook, however circumscribed the resources we dispose of, to labor serenely,
confidently, and unremittingly to lend our share of assistance, in whichever
way circumstances may enable us, to the operation of the forces which, as
marshaled and directed by Bahá’u’lláh, are leading humanity out of the valley
of misery and shame to the loftiest summits of power and glory.

Bahá'u'lláh don't say that every person "MUST" be bahá'í, He says that all
should seek/investigate the truth, the Universal house of Justice wrote:

However central the ideal of the oneness of religion unquestionably is,
therefore, the task of sharing Bahá'u'lláh's message is obviously not an
interfaith project. While the mind seeks intellectual certainty, what the soul
longs for is the attainment of certitude. Such inner conviction is the ultimate
goal of all spiritual seeking, regardless of how rapid or gradual the process
may be. For the soul, the experience of conversion is not an extraneous or
incidental feature of the exploration of religious truth, but the pivotal issue
that must eventually be addressed. There is no ambiguity about Bahá'u'lláh's
words on the subject and there can be none in the minds of those who seek to
serve Him: "Verily I say, this is the Day in which mankind can behold the Face,
and hear the Voice, of the Promised One. The Call of God hath been raised, and
the light of His countenance hath been lifted up upon men. It behoveth every
man to blot out the trace of every
 idle word from the tablet of his heart, and to gaze, with an open and unbiased
mind, on the signs of His Revelation, the proofs of His Mission, and the tokens
of His glory."