The sun sinks behind the horizon. The troops are fed and lounge, cleaning
their weapons and chatting in whispers.

LdC: Note how the LtCol paces by his tent. He's been at it most of the
afternoon.

RdK: He has been very upset since the last dispatch for the MoS seemed to
extend his sentence. I've heard it whispered that he has been advised to
seek
clemency for His Majesty. He seems too proud to do that.

AdM: He sits by his campaign desk, writes a note, the throws it into the
fire. he has done that more than 12 times since evening muster,

MdK: BdA sent a message from the Cardinal's quarters, I wonder what it
said?

RdK: I heard the men muttering that they wouldn't stay in Paris when we
return, rather they would claim a family emergency and rejoin FeP in the
field.

OdR; Look, he's written a hasty note again and sent it off with a
messenger.
Looks like he is writing a second and having it witnessed. I wonder what
that
could be.

The campfires slowly recede as the evening mist envelops the campsite.


Reply via email to