Henri,

I cannot express my gratitude for your kind words of consolation. No one
was more shocked than I in the ruling of the MoS. I have appealed to His
Majesty on this matter. I am hoping that some with influence in the Court
shall champion my cause of appeal, so as to give it greater weight; as I
doubt His Majesty shall be swayed on my request alone.

This experience has left me with little confidence in the present
administration of the Department of State. The sentence of a year at the
front shall be my honor; yet to wear the title of murderer is the cross
that is hardest to bear. Again thank you for you kindness.

                                        - Alan 


> To Leiutenant Colonel Alan la Pointe (AlP), Royal Marines
> 
> Sir, I am newly arrived in the fair city of Paris, and will immediately be joining 
>the GDMD, sadly only at the rank of subaltern, for as yet I have not had the chance 
>to show the esteemed gentry of France the true value of my character. During these 
>first few days, I have experienced many things: awe, excitement, bewilderment, but, I 
>am sad to say, also the tinge of regret.
> 
> My regret, sir, is for the diminishing sense of justice, honour and fair play in our 
>capital city. French justice has been, and should be, the envy of the world. Yet, I 
>discover that you, sir, will be serving our nation for the next twelve months, not 
>amid the hustle and bustle and political intrigue of Paris, but at the front! Whilst 
>glorious France will surely benefit from having such a military tactican and brave 
>warrior pitted directly in the face of her accursed foes, I must confess that I read 
>of the outcome of your recent trial with a sense of regret.
> 
> Of course, being a recent arrival to Paris, there may well have been facts of which 
>I was unaware, although I suspect the outcome of the trial might have been affected 
>more by personal dislikes and machinations than the testimony of the facts. Your 
>kindness to the family of Fely'la, after his unfortunate death as you sought to 
>protect the lady Penny, shows clearly your disposition is not that of some callous 
>murderer. How sad thast the renowned, but ultimately disappointing, Msr. Jean Cochran 
>could not convince the court of your innocence. Should you be appealing to the king, 
>I wish you every success.
> 
> Forgive me, sir, I digress. I meant merely to write to you to offer some support in 
>what might be a difficult time. I have no inkling of the arrangements for the 
>forthcoming campaigns, but should the GDMD and RM face the enemies of France 
>together, I would be privileged to fight myself fighting alongside you, sir.
> 
> Vive la Roi!
> 
> Henri Serf-Edly (HSE)
> 

Reply via email to