16 Mai, 1671
To my family solicitor Rascale d'Asp:
My dear friend, I send to you
instructions on the disposition of my property should I fall victim in the
upcoming campaign. I have had an ill omen this evening while deciding to
appeal to His Majesty my sentence in the recent dueling death of MyZr. I
intend this to be my instruction to you being of sound mind and under no
coecion. To my new friend Oeufs Brouilles, I leave my saber with the katana
blade. I have never seen him engage in a regimental duel and feel he may very
appropriaely wield it in combat.
My current monetary assests exceed 1800
Cr. and i wish tham divided as follows:
!00 Cr each to Marquis X11; X8, X1, X5,
X12, X3, and HSe
200 Cr each to X6, X7, X4, X2, and
X9
Any remainder is to be made available to offset costs of my
funeral.
Besr wishes to all:
Franc en Pense, LtCol QOC
Witness:
Louis de Lettres, Regimental clerk, QOC
OOC: This is the witnessed second message reported sent by
FeP by soldiers round the campfire last
month.