Lt.General le Marquis Alain de Mylcandonai, His Majesty's Adjutant General,
to
Lt.General le Comte Claude d'Armagnac, OC Cavalry Division,
Greetings!

Lt.General d'Armagnac,

Congratulations upon your promotion and, I expect, somewhat unexpectedly
rapid rise to Divisional Command. I am glad to see that my confidence in
your abilities (when appointing you command of the Heavy Brigade) was by no
means misplaced.

You may be aware of the latest mix-up at Army HQ which prevented me from
taking command of the Division personally last month? Although I might,
perhaps, have  forced the issue here, this month I have decided that the
Second Division is more in need of my services and consequently to confirm
your appointment as Commander of the Cavalry.

I do have one request, however. I had promised Lt.Colonel de Zaster of the
Cardinal's Guard the post of Adjutant when I took command of the Cavalry
Division. I would consider it a kindness if you fulfill my promise to this
fine officer if at all possible.

With Best Wishes for your continued success at the front,

Lt.General le Marquis Alain de Mylcandonai

Reply via email to