Mohammad excellent post!!!!!  Thank you!

Mohammad Basirul Haq Sinha wrote:
> I have no hard evidence in the hand.
>
> But I guess this "Taliban" is not as same as one which existed before
> 2001.
>
> Most of the members of Afghan resistance (who have been being labelled
> as "Taliban") are the non-partisan  "Students" which means "Taliban" in
> Farsi language.
>
> I came to know from Pakistani journalists who had visited the areas
> recently that majority of these guys organized themselves upon the
> backdrop of atrocities committed by the US led forces.
>
> They follow Hanafi school of thought not the Salafi ideology.
>
> Above all they are not a unified force even.
>
> Most of the organizers of of the forces are members of Hizb e Islami
> Afghanistan led by former Prime Minister Gulab ud Deen Hekmatyar  who
> stayed in exile in Iran during the reign of  Taliban .
>
> I think ,today's resistance force may be better described as "Neo
> Taliban" who has striking dissimilarities with former Pakistan-Saudi
> backed Taliban.
>
> Mohammad
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Chuck Hamilton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>   
>> I'm a little confused; I thought Salafism is an abomination of Islam.
>>   ----- Original Message -----
>>   From: JOSEPH STOCKETT
>>   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>   Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:03 PM
>>   Subject: Re: [bangla-vision] The Land Question behind the Taliban
>>     
> Resurgence
>   
>>         I am unconvinced of the Taliban's ability to govern
>>     
> Afghanistan in the aftermath of the present conditions. Isn't this going
> backwards rather than forward?
>   
>>         --- On Wed, 9/10/08, Linda G. Richard [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>           From: Linda G. Richard [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>           Subject: Re: [bangla-vision] The Land Question behind the
>>     
> Taliban Resurgence
>   
>>           To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>           Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 6:45 PM
>>
>>
>>           Ameen.  O:-)
>>
>>     
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Related links :
> www.afterdowningstreet.org/bangladesh ;
> www.mytown.ca/banglavision &
> groups.msn.com/banglavision
>
>                Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>   

-- 

Linda
*http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/>

*


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to