Liz,

AOL is infamous for this.  While they shut down people's accounts for 
things like this, they let others - people who threaten and harass - 
keep theirs.  It makes no sense.  It took years to have one guy's 
account pulled - and that was after he threatened me and others.

So far gmail looks good.  I use numerous accounts.  I started using 
multiple accounts because of my (then) dialup connection.  It was very 
very slow, so it was helpful for me to have things more organized.  I 
just kept it, and it works for me because even if I lose one - I have 
the others.  I have them all linked in yahoogroups so I can post from 
just about any of them. 

You should also report it on these sites:
http://mediacitizen.blogspot.com/2006/04/aol-censors-opposition-group.html
http://www.commonblog.com/story/2006/4/14/94313/0109
http://www.aolsucks.org/censory.htm
http://www.sjcdc.org/censor.html

When I did tech support we used to have to try and clean up the messes 
made my AOL software - that was when everyone had dialup.  That was a 
good hint right there.  I also installed it at that time on my home PC 
to learn more about what it did and so on... we used to call it the "ISP 
with training wheels".  Honestly it was practically built to be censored. 

I've been online since before we all had Internet access.. first on 
local BBSs, then through the university, then through an online service 
called GEnie.  It was text only back then.  I also tried Prodigy for a 
while, but their censorship was horrific.  Again, this is before 
everyone had access to the Internet.. on GEnie you could surf again - 
text only through gopher searches or IRC maybe.. (with a ten minute lag 
time lol).. but it was mostly just online services.  AOL apparently 
decided to keep it's little bubble idea - and just kept the censorship 
going. 

When it comes to the Zionism subject it especially doesn't surprise me.  
It isn't like they have to enact this stuff - like I said that's how it 
was in the beginning.  They just have to keep it going.  So far I 
haven't had a single problem with gmail - and would suggest that to 
you.  I know people have had issues with Yahoo as well.  Best not to 
borrow trouble.  :-)

liz allen wrote:
> Two months ago at the height of the Israelie invasion into Gaza, I was 
> sending emails out trying to get the truth out.
>  
> AOL ended my account after 9 years.  I filed and send a certified 
> letter toAOL asking them why, and to reinstate my account as all my 
> addresses, family pictures and other personal files were on that account.
>  
> Today, I received a phone call from Issac Green, Executive Liason for 
> AOL. Mr. Green confirmed my fears. He stated that "someone had turned 
> me into AOL because I sent out an email that started, "the stupid 
> american sheeple are unaware of the horror delivered to Gaza by the 
> Israelies". He claims that "several people" reported it too them, and 
> that was the cause of my being banned. 
>  
> I told him that AOL was banning free and protected political speech, 
> and should have their legal dept. look into the consitutional rights 
> of our citizens to speak freely. He said, "we dont have the man power 
> to do that", and you don't have the right to "free" speech when you 
> are in a privately owned on line server.
>  
> Do you see what has happened here people.  He also said, that Yahoo is 
> small company right now but they also will be terminating anyone who 
> "they" believe is using their server to deliver what maybe 
> unacceptable speech to "some people".
>  
> So get ready for the big crackdown folks...you say anything against 
> Israel or its apartheid practices, anything about zionism and you too 
> will loose your right. The internet is not a free speech vehicle...not 
> anymore.
>  
>  
>
>
>
> 

-- 
Linda
*http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/>
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this,
and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd
here While these visions did appear..."
- William Shakespeare
*


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to