My gosh I didn't realize this is who she was!  Why would they kidnap her 
- why did they?  Are we sure it's the "Taliban" who did this?  Could it 
have been someone inside the Pakistani Gov't?

Z T Minhas wrote:
>
>
>   Canadian Journalist Says Taliban Will Kill Her If Their Demands Not Met
>
> *NNI*
> *Fri, 20-Mar-2009*
>
>
> *Beverly Giesbrecht aka Khadija Abdul Qahar was kidnapped on Nov 11, 
> 2008 from Bannu. *
>
> ISLAMABAD: Khadija Abdul Qahaar, 55, previously known as Beverly 
> Giesbrecht, was kidnapped on November 11. She changed her name from 
> Beverley Giesbrecht and converted to Islam in response to the U.S. 
> "war on terror" that followed 9/11.
>
> "I was captured by the Taliban four months ago. Now I have been 
> advised (by Taliban) and asked to make this video. We have very short 
> time now. And I am going to be killed," Khadija Abdul Qahaar said in 
> her second video.
>
> In her first video last month she confirmed that she had been 
> kidnapped by Taliban and had pleaded for her release.
>
> In her two-minute-and-twenty-five second new video, she wears scarp 
> and is seen in black cloths while sitting in a room with black 
> background. A sword is shown on left side and once she pointed out to 
> the sword that she will be beheaded like the Polish engineer.
>
> "You can see (she points to a sword) I am going to be beheaded just 
> like the Polish engineer, probably by the end of the month. Their 
> deadline is end of March. And that is basically --- I do not know, 18 
> days, or 16 days. I am not quite sure. How long?" she said.
>
> Looking very upset and was to break down, Khadija Abdul qahar said, 
> "The time is very short and my life is going to end. So I need some 
> kind of, someone to help me," he pleaded.
>
> "I am currently being held by the Taliban some place near the afghan 
> border either Pakistan or Afghanistan. I am not quite sure where I am? 
> she said.
>
> She said she was captured by the Taliban four months ago and that in a 
> previous video, distributed to her embassy, to the Pakistan government 
> to various different NGOs and groups she had requested for acceptance 
> of Taliban demands. "Unfortunately noting has happened".
>
> "Now I have been advised and asked to make this video. We have very 
> short time now. And I am going to be killed," she said.
>
> "Either Pakistani government or my own country, somebody is got to 
> move now, because my life is going to be over. I want to go home," the 
> Canadian journalist said.
>
> "I have been in captivity too long now. And I am going to be killed 
> just like the polish engineer. So these people are serious. Please 
> help me," Khadija Abdul Qahar said.
>
> "Please do something to help me. Please, If not you will be .... the 
> responsibility of this will be clearly on somebody shoulder. I have 
> not dome anything wring. And the Taliban want their demands met, I am 
> pleading please save my life," the journalist said.
>
> -NNI
>
>
>
> Z T Minhas wrote:
>> http://www.jihadunspun.com/index.php
>>
>> Khadija Abdul Qahar is a devoted Muslim who created this web site.
>> Since 2002 she has operated a totally independent outlet for news 
>> about the Middle East.
>> With almost no resources, this tiny but remarkable woman raised the 
>> bar for courageous reporting.
>> She knew that her integrity would be attacked by both sides.
>> But Khadija appreciates the kind support from fellow Muslims world-wide.
>> Her primary goal is independent journalism that provides an alternate 
>> voice to Western media.
>> She was aware of the risks involved in her latest journey, but had 
>> faith in those who were supposed to protect her.
>> Pray to Allah that she will be allowed to continue her efforts.
>>
>> This site will resume operation upon her release.
>>
>> For further information: [email protected]
>>
>
>
>
> 

-- 
Linda
*http://freedetainees.org <http://freedetainees.org/>
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this,
and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd
here While these visions did appear..."
- William Shakespeare
*


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to