On 09.10.2017 at 00:10 wrote Michael Masterson:
> On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 6:41:43 AM UTC-5, Joerg Steffens wrote:
>> On 05.10.2017 at 06:59 wrote Michael Masterson:
>>> I've run into this problem:
>>>
>>> Compiling postgresql.c
>>> "postgresql_queries.inc", line 705: Error: Empty character constant.
>>> "postgresql_queries.inc", line 885: Error: Empty character constant.
>>> "postgresql_queries.inc", line 894: Error: Empty character constant.
>>> 3 Error(s) detected.
>>> gmake[1]: *** [postgresql.lo] Error 1
>>> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mjm/src/bareos/bareos/src/cats'
>>> gmake: *** [src/cats] Error 2
>>>

>>> it's lines like this:
>>>
>>>       FileName != ''
>>>
>>> I'm using solaris studio 12.2, (I also tried developer studio12.5 first.)
>>>
>>> I'm using, basically, the settings that Marco listed in this thread:
>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bareos-devel/2Mq_HmTEOWw
>>>
>>> Help please?    I was able to get bacula compiled and was well on my way to
>>> getting it set up, when I discovered Bareos, and decided it was a better
>>> option.
>>>
>>> I compiled it originally with gcc, and it compiled ok, but then bareos-dir
>>> would segfault when starting, so I found the post that suggested that the
>>> solaris compiler was a better option... but it doesn't like that include
>>> file.
>>
>> You are right. It is currently not possible, to compile Bareos >= 17.2
>> on Solaris using Solaris Studio (we are using version 12.4). Thank you
>> for pointing this out.
>>
>> The problem is, that the compiler don't accept the SQL empty string, as
>> it thinks it is C code, while it is intended as SQL statement.
>>
>> I've not found a way to let the compiler ignore this problem. So we need
>> to work on this. Maybe you got an idea?
>
> I wish I did, the only idea I have at present is to not include sql code in
> an include file, put it in a file and read it in when the program executes.

The Solaris Studio problem is fixed and will be published on bareos-17.2
soon.

--
 Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
 Geschäftsführer:
 S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz