According to your configuration, the job will consolidate only if there are at
least 9 incremental backups and at least 2 of them are more than 7 days old.
If you have just started with this client, the initial incremental backup is
actually a full and is treated as such.  So in that case there must be at least
10 incremental backups (9 plus the initial 'full') and at least 3 of them (2
plus the initial 'full') must be more than 7 days old.

Per your configuration an incremental is not eligible to be consolidated unless
it is more than 7 days old and there are at least 7 more recent backups.  If
you have 8 incrementals, each 1 day apart, then only 1 is eligible for
consolidation, which is meaningless.  So with 9 incrementals there will be 2
that are eligible for consolidation, which is the smallest meaningful number.

As an aside ... there is no hard and fast rule for how often you need to run a
Consolidate job.  I schedule mine every 4 days, for a bunch of reasons that are
specific to my environment.  Running it weekly might be more appropriate for
other setups.  I can't think of a good reason to run it daily.

I hope that helps.