Toni,

I can tell you what I do.  It’s probably not all what you want but it works for
me.

I use Always incremental  but it’s only ever on the main server.

I use an archive job to a different pool.  This makes a virtual full copy of
how that fileset looks right now.

I do this monthly and bailed me out a few times where tape gets eaten, fat
finger etc.

You can easily setup a second storage daemon on the remote site, and use a pool
defined there as the target for your archive job.  In my case it’s same SD but
different tape loader.

Then if you need to ever ‘recover’ from your archive job,  you do the following:

# make the archive job a back up job
update jobid=<jobid>  jobtype=B

# run a new job of the missing job as a virtual full
# This pulls the files from the archive and rebuilds a new Full for the primary
job
run job=<normal job for host>  level=VirtualFull

This will purge your Archive job (it just got consolidated into the new Full
for the different job so I recommend you manually run your archive job again to
build a new archive.

It’s imperfect,  your daily incremental are only on the prod site, so you're
off site full is always behind unless you burn a lot of media and you're doing
a full copy of all data over the network every time you do this.

You could maybe argument by doing a replication of your incremental volumes not
in Bareos but just rsync or something.  This way you can pull back volumes.
You could try doing a Copy job on just the Incremental,

In general Copy jobs with AI doesn’t work IMHO in the way it should.   Whatever
you do test test test recovery from your remote site.

Job {
  Name = "archive-mlds-host"
  JobDefs = "DefaultArchive"
  FileSet = "mls_std"
  Client = "mlds"

  Enabled = no
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "DefaultArchive"
  Type = Backup
  Level = VirtualFull
  Client = myth-fd
  Storage = T-LTO4
  Messages = Standard
  Allow Mixed Priority = yes
  Priority = 4
  #Allow Duplicate Jobs = no   # see: https://bugs.bareos.org/view.php?id=792
Can't use this setting
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bareos/%c.bsr"
  Spool Data = no
  Accurate = yes

  Virtual Full Backup Pool = LTO4
  Next Pool = LTO4
  Pool = AI-Consolidated

  Run Script {
        console = "update jobid=%i jobtype=A"
        Runs When = After
        Runs On Client = No
        Runs On Failure = No
  }
  Enabled = no

}

Brock Palen
1 (989) 277-6075
bro...@mlds-networks.com
www.mlds-networks.com
Websites, Linux, Hosting, Joomla, Consulting