Of course. It's all a matter of personal preference and personal needs.

There is one caveat though about full jobs and backup speed. It's all ok if you're backing up just files and have no problem reading them with the filedaemon. If you have some uncommon scenarios (like backing up shares via CIFS from devices you can't install FD on or using plugins to generate data for FD - in my case it might be a script reading package list or a database dump), you might face SD starvation leading to shoeshine. I suppose you could even hit uderruns with big flat directories (but I'm not sure here - maybe the files would just be read sequentially and not suffer that much from long directory listing).

It's always good to do an analysis of what you need and what you have :-)