Hello,
My retention is pretty simple(?) I have only full backups and I need to
keep backups for
Last 6 daily backups for a week
Last 4 weekly backups for a month
Last 6 monthly backups for 6 months.

But:
1. All backups are kept for much longer without being pruned.
2. A daily backup volume is created every day but older daily backup volume
are used instead.

I run version 22.1.1~pre26.eeec2501e without any changes to defaults.

Here is an examples of my configuration:

Job {
  Name = "lpsoar01_job_D"
  JobDefs = "DailyJobDefs"
  FileSet = "lpsoar01_fileset"
  Schedule = "DailyFullCycle"
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "DailyJobDefs"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = bareos-fd
  Schedule = "DailyFullCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = DailyFullCyclePool
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bareos/%c.bsr"
  Full Backup Pool = DailyFullCyclePool                 # write Full
Backups into "Full-Pool" Pool
  Differential Backup Pool = Differential  # write Diff Backups into
"Differential" Pool
  Incremental Backup Pool = Incremental    # write Incr Backups into
"Incremental" Pool
}

Pool {
  Name = DailyFullCyclePool