OK. There is more to this than just bareos.
1. I used the script from this thread and it seems to be working relatively
well for backing up (I'm yet to test the restore part ;-)) the disk. I
don't know, however how to backup whole mountpoint. If I put the location
of my symlink/junction/whatever that is, only the junction point itself
gets backed up, not the contents. I can't make bareos descend into the
mounted VSS shadow copy. I have to explicitly list directories (like
c:/vssmount/c/users) to back them up.
2. I spent whole evening yesterday trying to get vss to work, regardless of
bareos. I tried creating snapshots with " shadowcopy call create
Volume=C:\" and then symlinking them by hand and each time I did them I was
also getting access denied due to file open. So there must be something
else that the script provided in this thread does and neither bareos nor
manual wmic call do.
(My system here is Win10)

MK