Stephen

gimped basses from Gamut. I used an Edirol R-1 24-bit recorder, an M-Audio
Duo preamp, and an NTK Rode NTK microphone (something the guy in the guitar
shop sold me before I read David Taylor's advice)
<<

FWIW, I am satisfied with my Rodes microphones, value for money I'd say. A
bit of experimenting helps in improving the sound, I found. Perhaps just
opening the gain more on your Edirol will already help? If you're into sound
manipulation, you could try Audacity for Normalising or even Compression.
Your recording will get more presence.

David

PS: You asked for comments, ignore if you're not happy withe these, but here
goes anyway:
Well played, no obvious technical problems. A little modest, if I may say
so. Perhaps you can make more clear what you feel is most important in the
piece: which notes in the melodie, what harmonic changes. And not by
emphasizing in volume (accenting) but by giving it a little more time. That
way you'll take the listener with you and show them to what you like about
the piece.

PSS: For your eyes (ears) only your file after compression. Not necessarily
better, but good to see (hear) what it does to your file.