Monsieur Mathias,

    Nothing to it.  I don't know exactly how accurate my tuner is and I frankly
don't care as long as it's in the ballpark.  I never just go by the tuner;
there's always some degree of adjustment by ear so technically I'm never
strictly playing in any temperament.  This is undoubtedly what was actually
done back in the day.  It still is today.  Modern strings and winds, supposedly
in ET, are constantly adjusting intervals by ear as they play - as they should.
 Fortunately for us, tuning systems are rarely of much use outside of theory.

Chris