Sterling,
        At a $1000 a pop it is clearly intended for well-funded
   libraries and the goal seems to be to get the music into scholars',
   rather than performers' hands. That's a laudable goal, but a
   transcription sans original will be practically useless for any scholar
   conducting serious research. Such an edition would only be good for
   getting a very general gist of Weiss's works. The transference from tab
   to modern notation by necessity requires many editorial decisions. Even
   in the most fully-catalogued critical edition, some of these decisions
   are "hidden," especially regarding durations and voice leading. Even
   the correction of mistakes might be called into question and clarified
   only by looking at a facsimile.
        I'm certainly not saying that there shouldn't BE a transcription.
   I'm just not sure why an edition of such limited use gets priority
   without the facsimile. I suppose they hoping that some important
   musicologist reaching for a volume of the works of Clara Schumann will
   accidentally knock Weiss's volume off the shelf, have it fall open and
   think, "Wow, I am instantly beguiled by this repertoire heretofore
   unknown to me! Thankfully, this serendipitous initial encounter
   presents the music in a non-intimidating format that is friendly to my
   keyboard-playing hands or I would have never deigned to give it the
   slightest attention."
   Chris
   .

   Christopher Wilke