Carl (>):
> I'm a bit lost in the docs. Here's the page I'm reading.
>

> <http://base.thep.lu.se/chrome/site/trunk/html/developerdoc/webservices/webservices.client_development.html>
>
> It says "The client API can be downloaded with example code from the
> BASE developer website. The package contains all external JAR files
> you need..." but I'm unsure exactly where to find this API containing
> JAR files.

Since I wrote this, I've downloaded the newly released BASE 2.5, and
imported all the required .jar files. (I did this by hand on a
per-NoClassDefFoundError basis. There might be a better way to do
that. If so, please tell me.)

Now I'm faced with the following inexplicable exception. As far as I
can see, this is the last exception standing in my way towards getting
the example to work (because when I catch it and keep going, nothing
else complains).

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: net.sf.basedb.info.QueryOptions
        at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:486)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:343)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
        at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
        at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:528)
        at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:508)
        at
org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.RPCServiceClient.invokeBlocking(RPCServiceClient.java:101)
        at
net.sf.basedb.ws.client.AbstractRPCClient.invokeBlocking(AbstractRPCClient.java:59)
        at
net.sf.basedb.ws.client.AbstractRPCClient.invokeBlocking(AbstractRPCClient.java:65)
        at
net.sf.basedb.ws.client.ExperimentClient.getExperiments(ExperimentClient.java:78)
        at net.bioclipse.base2.Activator.start(Activator.java:51)

That last line is where I put the example code, so the stacktrace
below that is probably not relevant. The exception is caused by the
call on line 13 in the example code.

Has anyone else had this particular exception? What causes it?

Also, a tiny matter: the example code contains a typo: "ec." should be "ex.".

// Carl