Hi Markus,

Thanks for your comments. For some reason I missed the 1.8.5 release
of Affymetrix Power Tools. We have only run it on version 1.8.0.
I have added a ticket for the requested improvements to our trac:
http://madr.lcb.uu.se/ticket/128
.

Users of se.uu.lcb.APT version 0.2 should use Affymetrix Power Tools
version 1.8.0. The next release would support the latest release.

Regarding point 2, I see that version 1.8.5 of Affymetrix Power Tools
now passes error messages to stderr rather than to stdout. This was
not the case in previous versions. Hence, it was difficult to catch
error messages before.

Cheers,
Robin

On Feb 7, 2008, at 6:17 PM, Markus RingnŽér wrote:

> Hi Robin and everyone,
>
> Thanks for the APT plugin it works nicely. I have played around with
> the
>  apt-probeset-genotype part and have some feedback.
>
> 1) The --chrX-force flag does not seem to be available in apt-1.8.5
> anymore, so the plugin crashes when it is run without a chrx-file and
> apt-1.8.5 is used. I think --chrX-force has been superseded by
> --no-gender-force.
>
> 2) If apt-probeset-genotype fails it would be very useful if the error
> message it produces would be propagated to users of the plugin. Now
> the
> plugin error message is "Unexpected exit of APT sub-process", which
> could, for example, mean apt-probeset-genotype failed with the message
> "FATAL ERROR: Only 0 SNP clusters had enough information to generate
> prior. Please try using more cel files." or "FATAL ERROR: Don't
> recognize option: '--chrX-force'".
>
> cheers,
>
> Markus

---