Pawel Sztromwasser wrote:
> We experienced that as well. I believe that I have checked these probes
> and they were controls, so they can be ignored.

All of them are not necessarily controls since the number of probes
missing in the bgx-files may change between Illumina revisions of
bgx-files. Our interpretation is that some probes that used to be
annotated with a gene has later been considered poor by Illumina (as we
have only observed an increase in the number of unmatched probes for
later bgx revisions).

Importantly, if you follow Nicklas's 'Probe not found=skip'
recommendation, you will get the same number of probes (and the same
probes) as when using BeadStudio (BeadStudio silently ignores the probes
not in the bgx-files; you also end up with slightly different numbers of
probes in BeadStudio for different bgx revisions).

Markus